Service Learning and Dan W. Peterson School. Facts and Findings.

Service learning is such a wonderful opportunity. I had the opportunity to do service learning my senior year in high school with a Kindergarten class and I absolutely loved it! Since my major is special education for these service learning hours I decided it would be best to observe in a special needs classroom. This will help me really know if this is what I want to do as a career.

For a long time there was not very many schooling options for children with special needs, Dan W. Peterson school is one of the many current schools that have worked hard to give these incredible children a place to get there education. The school is located in American Fork right across from the hospital in a neighborhood of adorable houses. The school has many fields to play on, a great playground and great classrooms! I was talking to one of the counselors at the school and her face beamed as she talked about the children I would be working with and how wonderful and smart they are. She made me very excited! I can not wait to observe and work with these amazing children and their teachers! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constructed by Constructivism

Diversity Makes a Delightful Classroom

Standards of Learning in a Fourth Grade Classroom